This assessment helps make sure you have the right attitudes and behaviours for the job. You’ll answer questions about your:
- personality – questions about your attitudes, opinions and experiences in a work environment
- interpersonal skills – you’ll be given 3 behaviours and asked to choose the one that’s most and least important to you at work
- situational judgement – you’ll need to choose the best and worst you could do from a list of possible actions
assess against behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions (on your application form)
You’re only allowed one attempt at the assessment. You will not get feedback on your result because of the high numbers of people taking the test. If you pass the Civil Service Strengths Test they will assess your written application against your 250-word example against the following behaviour: Making Effective Decision.
If you pass shortlisting stage, you will be invited to undertake an interview. Pre-recorded video interviewing has been chosen for this stage of the selection process. You will have the opportunity to respond to questions that have been selected for this role – the best part – you can take this interview anywhere and at a time that is convenient for you within the deadline. The interview offers you the following benefits:
• The chance to bring your skills and attributes alive
• Really demonstrate why you’re ideal for the job
• Demonstrate your communication skills in ‘real-time’
Submit your application via the Civil Service Jobs website – www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk. You’ll need to complete an online strengths test, and provide a behaviour example which will be assessed via the application using the behaviour example (Making Effective Decisions) alongside the criteria in the job description and person specification. Failure to complete the online Strengths test and submit your behaviour example will result in automatic rejection of your application.